Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Day in the Life: When Skin Falls


After 13 years of suffering from eczema, my skin began to change. My skin, which normally forms a thickened rash when aggravated, began to dry and flake. This new, flaky skin comes off when I towel dry it, rolls off when I put lotion on it, brushes off when I touch it and falls off while I sleep.

The use of triamcinalone and hydrocortisone ointments have helped to thin my skin.

Now, after 3 years of shedding dry skin, my skin is so weak that healthy skin rolls off when I rub it or put lotion on.

Dermatologists don't seem to think that there is anything hazardous about thin skin. But, how can you ward off unwanted bacteria, if there are openings and cuts all over your skin?

So far, the thinning of the epidermis seems to be an irreversible side effect of topical and oral corticosteroids. I'll keep searching for solutions. 

Love,
Lhea J.

1 comment:

natural treatment for eczema said...

There are all kinds of eczema treatments, some people are simply not to scratch tells and received many steroid creams. But you have found that you at the end of it just back keeps the course of medication? Rather than dampen the symptoms, this article explains 5 easy steps you can take for ever to hit the root of the problem and eczema.